We believe learning and exploration shouldn’t be limited to our campus, but should be a collaborative, knowledge-sharing activity with the world around us.
We partner with local businesses, governments, and institutions by supporting critical research that helps improve and grow communities. Faculty and students from the Irving K. Barber School of Arts & Sciences have played critical roles in protecting British Columbia’s natural resources, raising HIV awareness and prevention, and documenting the traditional Kala language, among many other initiatives.
Located on the UBC Okanagan campus, the Psychology Clinic provides low-cost, high-quality clinical psychology services to UBC Okanagan faculty, staff, students, and the broader Okanagan community. Services include psychotherapy, neuropsychological assessments, learning disabilities and psychoeducational assessments, as well as treatment for broader emotional and psychological issues such as anxiety, depression, and adjustment to life changes.
We bring world-renowned speakers to the Okanagan to share their unique stories and perspectives.
Cultivating campus-wide culture for public debate guided by those who knew Roger Watts.
The world’s finest music is presented by renowned performers accompanied by informal lectures by faculty and artists about the music.
A collaboration with the Okanagan Regional Library to bring engaging speakers into the community.
- Ethics Symposium – De-platforming: The Morality of Restricting Speech in Today’s UniversityFeb 28
- From the Anti-Confederates to Wexit: Regional Alienation and Federal Transfers in CanadaMar 6
- Gender & Women’s Studies Celebrates International Women’s Day!Mar 9
- The Intertwined Histories of Canada and South AsiaMar 10
- Philosophy ColloquiumMar 12
- When it comes to conservation, ditch the ‘canary in the coal mine’Feb 25
- UBC researchers develop strategy to protect wine grapes from smoke-taintFeb 24
- Researchers test common garden practice on lodgepole pine forestsFeb 6
- UBC event explores true meaning of wallsJan 30
- UBC becomes first Canadian institution to join open science platformJan 28
- UBC mental health experts: Bell “Let’s Talk” dayJan 24
See more news