ProgramsDiscipline-based and interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate degrees in the sciences, social sciences and humanities.
PeopleDedicated and supportive staff, incredibly accomplished faculty members, and a collection of undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
ResearchResearch is a learning activity that enlarges our understanding of the world and addresses the many challenges facing our generation.
- Prospects and Challenges for a Basic Income Guarantee (BIG) in Canada: What Have We Learned So Far?Jan 24
- Peasant Strategies Towards Consumption Risk: Potential Lessons for Economic Development From Medieval EnglandJan 30
- The Persistence of Economic Outcomes Over the Very Long-run: The Coevolution of Cooperation and Punishment NormsJan 31
- The Meaning of Walls: Learning within Walls in an Arctic HamletFeb 6
- Labour After Socialism: A Comparative PerspectiveFeb 7
- From the Anti-Confederates to Wexit: Regional Alienation and Federal Transfers in CanadaMar 6
See more events
- Scientist Lera Boroditsky explains why language is vital to us allJan 21
- Make-believe zombie apocalypse puts UBC professors to the testJan 9
- From heart evolution to greenhouse gasDec 20
- UBC happiness expert gives tips for a more joyous holidayDec 19
- UBCO professors explain the brilliance behind this year’s Nobel Prize winnersDec 2
- Raising children in the age of screen timeNov 22
See more news